MusicMan RD112 50 Guitar Amp
After more than 3 decades Ernie Ball Music Man is proud to announce the reintroduction of the HD and RD series amplifiers.
The new Music Man amps are faithful recreations of the most popular and coveted models from the golden era of amplifier design.
This line is handcrafted in Italy from one of the worlds leading designers Marco De Virgiliis of DV Mark and Mark Bass fame. Models include the HD-130 head, the 412 GS cabinet, the RD-50 1x12 combo, and the 2x12 HD-130 combo.
FRONT PANEL The CLEAN STAGE provides a smooth, clean, full sound that you can preset with a full compliment of BRIGHT SWITCH, VOLUME, TREBLE and BASS CONTROL.
1) INPUT Connect your guitar to this input using a standard ¼” shielded instrument cable.
2) NORMAL/BRIGHT The bright switch providing extra brightness to your sound in clean mode only.
3) VOLUME This control adjusts the overall loudness of the amplifier when in the clean mode.
4) TREBLE The Treble knob controls the amount of high frequencies in your sound while in the clean mode.
5) BASS This knob controls the amount of low frequencies in your sound while in the clean mode. The LIMITER/DISTORTION STAGE includes separate VOLUME, TREBLE, BASS and GAIN controls, that allow an exceptionally wide range of sound from clean to all-out sustained distortion.
6) CLEAN/LIMITER This switch allows you select between the two separate preamp stages: the CLEAN stage or the LIMITER/DISTORTION stage. Note: When this switch is in the limiter mode it has priority over the footswitch (16), for proper footswitch operation this switch should be set in the clean position.
7) VOLUME This control adjusts the overall loudness of the amplifier when in the limiter mode. It is essentially indipendent from the GAIN (10) settings; if Gain is turned up for more distortion, also increasing the level, VOLUME can then be set for any desidered power level.
8) TREBLE This knob controls the amount of high frequencies in your sound while in the limiter mode.
9) BASS This knob controls the amount of low frequencies in your sound while in the limiter mode.
10) GAIN adjusts the GAIN level in the tube limiter stage when in the limiter mode. If the gain is increased, the limiter can be more easily overdriven for more distorted sound. Cleaner sound is achieved at lower gain setting, then the VOLUME (7) can be setted at needed output level.
11) REVERB Level control for the onboard spring reverb, it determines the amount of signal delay that is mixed with the original signal. Reverb ON/OFF can also be controlled by a DUAL footswitch that can be plugged into the amp’s rear panel (16).
*The 112 RD 50 combo features a super lightweight neo magnet custom speaker made by DV Mark. These innovative speakers
created by Marco De Virgiliis are the result of hard work and several tests on neodymium speaker tonal character: